UFS WorkHealth at UFS Medical Doveton Street provides pre-employment medicals and occupational health services, including return-to-work and worksite assessments, independent medical examinations and vaccination programs for a number of organisations in Ballarat and the Grampians Region.
Services are available at our Doveton Street medical centre from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm staffed by an experienced team of general practitioners with an interest and expertise in occupational health.
We have general practitioners, physiotherapy, audiology, spirometry, ECG, pathology and drug and alcohol testing facilities on-site.
For more information, please contact Tara, WorkHealth Coordinator on 5364 9120 or by email.
Need a strategy? We can help.
Adopting a proactive work health strategy sends a positive message to your staff that you care about their health and well-being. We can help you develop a plan suitable for your industry, with routine and pre or post employment health checks.
Our WorkHealth Unit has been set up to support local organisations with smaller groups of employees, up to big corporations with large workforce numbers. Our doctors, nurses and practitioners are all local and experienced staff working within UFS.
When your work health strategy is in place you will find:
- Staff are more aware about health and safety work practices
- Injuries can be prevented, managed or treated depending on the stage of identification
- Programs such as annual immunisations result in lower sickness during seasons (eg: flu season).
Your place or ours?
We have a dedicated WorkHealth consulting room at our Doveton Street Medical Centre to conduct services. However, we also have a mobile service which allows us to offer most health screenings at your workplace. This is perfect for routine and bulk screenings (ECG, spirometry, drug urine testing), immunisations and assessments where larger numbers of staff participate.
Screenings at the workplace:
- Are convenient for both the employee and employer
- Result in a higher participation rate
- Reduce downtime, travel time and therefore cost
- Maximise productivity through efficient scheduling
- Help improve the knowledge and awareness of employees
During hours or after hours?
We are able to schedule appointments Monday to Friday or outside these hours by agreement.